Sunday, April 6, 2008

Chocolate, Chocolate & More Chocolate

Is there anything better than a decadent dessert?!

I've aquired alot of frozen desserts over the last few weeks that I've been wanting to try: Vitalicious VitaBrownies, Skinny Cow Chocolate with Fudge Cones and a new SmartOnes sundae flavor, Mint Chocolate Chip. It's like every time I go food shopping I find something new and exciting! With boxes piling up in the freezer, I decided it was time to try some of this stuff.


Skinny Cow Chocolate with Fudge Cones are awesome. They definitely hit the spot when an ice cream craving hits. The chocolate ice cream is creamy and has swirls of fudge in it. The cone is crunchy and even has solid chocolate at the bottom of it, and for 150 calories and 3 grams of fat this cone is pretty decent. I want to try the vanilla with caramel cones soon!


Vitalicious VitaBrownies are kind of fun in that they're super tiny and sprinkled with walnuts, but I definitely prefer the Vitalicious chocolate muffins. I won't buy these again. The brownie was small and dry, but I have to say for 100 calories and 6 grams of fiber they're not that bad.


The SmartOnes Mint Chocolate Chip Sundae was really refreshing because of the creamy mint ice cream. My favorite part of the sundae was the tiny chocolate chips on top. Aside from being really tiny, this sundae is pretty awesome for 150 calories and 3 grams of fat because all of the compenents don't scream diet food: mini chocolate chips, fudge, creamy mint ice cream, and a cookie crust base.

While these desserts are low-cal compared to regular ice cream and brownies, they're not foods I eat on a regular basis. I'll definitely be turning to the cones and sundaes once it gets warmer out though!

Random rant - I wish JP Licks would post nutrition info on their website or anywhere for that matter. I heart their Oreo fro-yo and while it is non-fat, who knows how many calories and grams of sugar are actually in it. JP is giving away a free cup or cone to celebrate Red Sox Opening Day on April 8, let me know if you try any fun flavors!

2 comments:

TheFoodCritic said...

Lisa:
The 'frozen deserts' section of your bloggery left me hungry for your next tasty installment. In fact, simply saying 'Frozen Fro-Yo' several times quickly gave a low fat brain-freeze. But I must ask you one question: Just what do you eat each day?

Unknown said...

I must say, I have tried the SmartOnes Desserts and they are by far my favorite. I have had the cheesecake with black cherry swirl, and though they are small, they really hit the spot if you're a cheesecake lover. Satisfying without the guilt, you should try them!
I am not a breakfast eater either. I'm usually just not hungry right after waking up, but I totally understand where you are coming from. As a student myself with a strange schedule, I find that you need that something in the morning so that you aren't drained by 3 pm and risk binging on "not so figure friendly" quick fixes.