Sunday, April 13, 2008

Double Deuce

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING ROOMMATE CHERRY GAMMELIN!

This weekend has been so much fun and I wish I could elaborate but I have a ton of work to do. I want to share with you guys two delicious meals!

I've been to Brown Sugar many times but had never tried the Chicken Almonds before and it was awesome -- sauteed sliced chicken with onions, mushrooms, pineapple chunks, scallions and roasted almonds. How cool is the presentation in the pineapple?



up close


This morning we went to Union for brunch and I had an egg white Zucchini Fritatta with goat cheese and roasted tomatoes. It was the perfect size and the toast and homefries were equally as delicious as the fritatta. Their Bloody Mary and Pimosa with pomegranite puree were pretty fab as well.





I definitely drank way too much coffee this morning with way too much splenda. I have my Dad to thank for my love of sickeningly sweet coffee. Oh, I also ate at Sol Azteca Saturday night but unfortunately forgot to take pictures...probably cause of the amazing company! :)
I can't wait for my sculpt and stretch class tomorrow ...the gym is screaming my name.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm i love Brown Sugar! Every time i go I always get the same thing. Maybe it's time to broaden my horizons, since the chicken and almonds looks really good!

Anonymous said...

Zucchini fritta looks yummy!

I love your food reviews!

Have a great week!
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Lisa, we can't wait to read what you write about when you come back from Europe. Mmmm...

Stella & Morgan

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!