Thursday, April 3, 2008

Greek / Turkish / Middle Eastern Amazingness

I love ethnic food: Mexican, Japanese, Thai, the list could go on forever but I ESPECIALLY love Greek and Middle Eastern cuisine. I’ve strolled along Newbury Street countless times and had never noticed Café Jaffa on Gloucester until friends started raving recently about how delicious and cheap the food is.

After all the praise, I finally went tonight for dinner. I ordered the Baba Ghanoush Plate which came with a salad and pita. Baba Ghanoush is smoked eggplant blended with onion and spices. I expected it to come on top of the salad, but instead it came along side it. While it was really really pureed, almost to the consistency of hummus, it was still pretty delicious.

My Baba Ganoush after I had dipped some pita in it


Rachel’s Falafel and Houmus Plate, I tried the hummus and it was tasty


As far as cheap Middle Eastern food goes, this was probably the best I’ve had in Boston.

New York Favorites:
-The Pita House
-Gilshar
-Mykonos

3 comments:

Unknown said...

this place is one of my favorites in boston!! delish!

i kind of regret not trying your eggplant thing...it looked exactly like hummus

Anonymous said...

Lisa, you have a "flair" for food and your enthusiasm for sharing your love just "pops" off the page...It's contagious, and your photos are yummy....thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.