Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Day in the Life

Thefoodcritic asked what I eat on a daily basis so I thought I would share what a typical day of eating is like for me. The past few days I've replaced banana in my yogurt for beautiful, ripe strawberries. Warmer weather = delicious strawberries! I also switched up my yogurt from my favorite TJs to Stonyfield Farms organic non-fat French Vanilla. While it's not as sweet as TJs, and I'm all about the sweet, it has a really great thick and creamy consistency. I think I may switch over to Stonyfield yogurt permanently.

Breakfast: the usual with strawberries


Lunch: Peanut butter and jelly with a granny smith apple, baby carrots, hummus with some chick peas mixed in and a few dried apricots


Dinner: Spinach salad with a Morningstar Farms Mushroom Lover's Burger, dried cranberries, almonds, a wedge of Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss Cheese broken up (only 35 calories per wedge!), and sugar snap peas with a side of baby carrots with hummus and roasted pepper eggplant dip, kashi crackers, and a granny smith apple


Snacks: Some reduced-fat Triscuits and a low-fat string cheese, a Crunchy chocolate almond bar and a Fiber One Oats & Chocolate bar - I LOVE these but they're made with high fructose corn syrup which is no bueno




This particular day was pretty hectic. Normally I prefer to have a salad for lunch and try not to overload on bars, but when I'm running around they're the easiest thing to eat on the go.

After losing 30 pounds my weight loss came to a halt and I reached a plateau. I've found that bumping up the amount of fresh fruits and vegetables and increasing my cardio helped to break the plateau. A great rule to go by when eating -- how colorful is your plate? If you sit down to a meal and don't see an array of colors, chances are you aren't getting enough of what your body really needs.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow...that dinner looks amazing!!

good idea on the breaking up the laughing cow cheese into your salad. i always want cheese but i refrain because of the fat content.

Anonymous said...

laughing cow cheese is god. Your meals look delicious and filling..plenty of color on those plates. Is that tj's red pepper dip?